Welcome to the Zach Goodyear Photography Blog!


I regret to say that after 8 great years, I have made the difficult decision to close the doors of Zach Goodyear Photography. It's something I'm still passionate about, but with a growing family and my main career and love of real estate, I am running out of free hours in the day.

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, please don't hesitate to contact one of my fellow photographers who are great: Rich Kalonick or Ryan Dunnewold.

If you are looking for a portrait photographer, please feel free to contact Sandy Burr.


Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Campbell's Newborn Session and the Great May Flood

I met up with baby Campbell's family last weekend during what then we all assumed was just a torrential downpour. They just welcomed Campbell into the world, but he was not happy about the rain and storms. We shot for about 30 minutes, capturing some cute shots, but then I left to escape what would later become the worst flood in Nashville's history.

As the rain kept coming, they had the foresight to move their cars to higher ground when they saw the water rising. Apparently they were frantically putting furniture on blocks and moving momentos upstairs. Thankfully, the floodwaters stopped just 2 or 3 inches shy of the inside of their home. Campbell's dad took a second to get this amazing photo on the left below with his iphone. When I went back a few days later to finish the shoot, I saw the path the floodwaters had left and took a similar photo from outside. Note the car to get a sense of the amount of water in the photo on the left.

Anyway, hopefully after a stressful weekend, they can at least have these photos of their cute little guy to look at and smile with. Some of my favorites are below. The rest can be seen and ordered here.


Nashville Flooding: During and After

























2 comments:

Corey B May 6, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

These pictures are lovely Zach and I am still in shock over the flooding down there from this past weekend. Wow. I saw pictures of the Opryland Hotel and my jaw hit the ground. Hope all is well with you!

Becky Campbell May 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Wow Zach!

These photos are wonderful. Thanks, as well, for your blog comments and photos of the Westchase waters.

You are right . . I do think little Campbell sensed what was going on right outside his doors. His expressions say it all.

You are so talented, Zach. The Pearson family and all of Nashville are truly fortunate to now claim you. Your blog comments, in addition to your incredible sessions with Campbell, will always be a part of his initiation into God's world here.

From all of Campbell's extended family, thank you for the gift of your eye, your spirit and your wonderful work. They are a great blessing to us.

with deepest gratitude, Becky

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP