Welcome to the Zach Goodyear Photography Blog!


I regret to say that after 8 great years, I have made the difficult decision to close the doors of Zach Goodyear Photography. It's something I'm still passionate about, but with a growing family and my main career and love of real estate, I am running out of free hours in the day.

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, please don't hesitate to contact one of my fellow photographers who are great: Rich Kalonick or Ryan Dunnewold.

If you are looking for a portrait photographer, please feel free to contact Sandy Burr.


Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sewanee Wedding Photography: Whitmire-Bordley Wedding

After too long a wait from the busiest part of the wedding season, I finally have been able to get through some of the wedding photos from Mary and Lawson's wonderful wedding a few weeks ago. It took place in one of my favorite locations - Sewanee! Lawson grew up there and Mary went to school there, so it was special to both of them.

The weather was superb and the flowers were incredible which was no suprise since Ken Taylor was in charge of them.

Mary started out getting ready in Rebel's Rest, which is a fantastic old cabin with more history than I'll go into here, but once finished, we walked across the street towards All Saints Chapel where we did some photographs and let Mary's dad see her for the first time. I love watching bride's fathers fight back the misty eyes and Mary's dad was no exception.

The ceremony was great and was lead by Rev. Tom Ward, the former Chaplain at All Saints. The entire Chapel was filled with candles, more than I've ever seen for a service there. It was beautiful! Lawson, a great photographer himself, had to get a couple of shots of his new bride on his wedding day which I was glad to capture.

They rode to the reception in Lawson's brother's old topless Blazer. He took them to Upper Cravens which looked more beautiful than I've ever seen it before thanks to the amazing decorating and Ken Taylor's talent with flowers.

There was plenty of dancing to the Jimmy Church Band and everyone had a fantastic time.

A slideshow is below. The rest of the images can be viewed and prints can be ordered by clicking here.























































0 comments:

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP